5S-Defination5S is a systematic approach for managing workplace. Encouraging ownership and self discipline to sustain and further develop working practices. It aims to :-
- Remove waste from the workplace.
- Increase quality.
- Increase Productivity.
- Makes abnormalities immediately visible.
- High Impact With little or No Cost
- Standardize the work flow.
- Develop base for implementation of other lean tools
- Improve Safety.
- Provide an environment where continuous improvement is embraced.
- Boost Morale of team.
- Results in continuous improvement
The Steps of 5SSeiri – Sort (Clearing) - clearly separating necessary from unnecessary, and remove unnecessary items. Seiton – Set in order (Configure) - visually arrange and identify items for ease of use and retrieval Seiso - Shine & Check (Clean & Check) - keep the workplace clean (not pretty) to allow problems to be identified Seiketsu - Standardise (Conformity) - continually monitor the level of clearing, organising and cleaning Shitsuke - Sustain – (Custom & Practice, Consensus) - work towards a shared set of values regarding clearing, organising and cleaning
- 10 months, 4 weeks ago
- 5S Forum