In any company the productivity of team vastly depend on prevailing work culture. We can have plethora of knowledge & skill among employees, but if they do not work as team with common objective, Success will always be at a distance. This becomes a challenge to bring all the individuals together & knit them into a team. Five Challenge of Changing Work Culture faced by the leader are as follows:
- Mindset: The environment in which they trained has vast impact. bad habits require large efforts to go. They do not acknowledge the change & their benefits.
- Feeling of insecurity: Change is not easily accepted as they always have feeling of loosing their command on exiting system. Also, they feel that their monopoly will be broken.
- No clear Vision : The vision of the company is not clear. The vision of the company shall drive the efforts of team. If vision is not clear, the efforts of each individual will go in different direction.
- Ideas not accepted: Many times management does not ask or accept ideas from all section of company & one or more section felt left out. The involvement of each section is very important, as ideas can come from anyone. Also, the team will feel motivated & involved. Simplest tool for idea management is Kaizen.
- Lack of Skill upgrade: The team is not given training on latest tools, technique available & their vision remain within boundaries of their experience till now.
A cultured change is required to bring the team together, only then we can unleash the power of one strong closely knit team with common focused goal.
#Five Challenge of Changing Work Culture
For 5S utility product on amazon Click Here
Efficiency can be defined as amount output derived from inputs. it is directly linked to resource optimization. Today business environment is very competitive & cost of product plays vital role in driving sales. Let’s discuss top Seven Must-to-do Things for Efficiency Improvement. The cost of production is depended on raw material, labour, overheads etc. The way any company uses these resources derive the final cost of product. There are many tools available for using these resources more efficiently. Seven mostly used & simple tools are summarized as below:
- Visual Management: The items placed at workplace should talk to us. few examples are:
- The instruction board on machine should tell how to operate, what alarms to look for etc.
- The color coding should tell which cylinder has which gas.
- The production board should tell, target for the day, week or month & status and so on.
- Posters with information on risk, procedures etc.
- Labels like Hold, Out of Service
- 5S: This is the basic tool which is based on principal that, the work place should be clean, sorted, standardized, Systematic & sustainable. The terms are common to many industries viz. Sort, Set-in-order, Shine, Standardize & Sustain. Utlities like shadow boards, Peg boards are very helpful for organizing the work place. Red tag system is the starting of 5S in a company. Small 5S kit are available for start the 5S journey & feel the benefits of it’s fruits.
- Kaizen: Suggestion are nobody’s monopoly and can come from any level in organisation. Every Suggestion has to be treated with due respect. Culture shall be created to invite and motivate the whole team to contribute with ideas. These ideas shall be evaluated & awarded to get the system going. Small improvement in system result in continuous improvement. Simple Suggestion box & formats are only required to begin the kaizen system.
- Safety Culture: Safety is not directly linked with production but any unwanted accident can result in loss of asset, life & reputation & has potential of completely shutting down the business.
- Skill Development: Skill is a diminishing inventory if not used & upgrdaed with time. Thus, two things are very important. One is to use right skill at right place at right time, otherwise this will got wasted. Other is to continuously upgarde the skill level to be in pace with changing requirement. Inhouse training should also be given to team for refreshing the concepts.
- Integration of Information Technology: IT has got in to every sphere of life, be it industry or society. A company shall use IT to leverage its power to make the systems more efficient. Data capture & analytics has become a big thing in today’s scenario. If a company is not on internet, it is lacking share of market to it’s competitors.
- Seven Basic Quality Tools: These Seven quality tools include cause and effect, Check sheet, control chart, Histogram, Pareto chart, Scatter Diagram & Stratification. These are most basic tools which should be applied to work environment to identify the root cause & design solution.
These are only few of the tools which are very important to bring up the efficiency of any company’s work environment.
#Top Seven Must-to-do Things for Efficiency Improvement
For 5S utility product on amazon Click Here
Breval Products & Services
Our Products & Services:
5S Auditing Training & Services | Kaizen Deployment | Visual Management | Lean Management Deployment | Identification for profit maximization area | Corporate Soft Skills | Online Lean Shop for products related to implementation of 5S, Kaizen & other Lean Management tools
This Law says, work expands to fill the time available for it’s completion.
This is human nature to be at ease, if you had large amount of time available for doing a particular job, & work with full vigor, in case, you are falling short of time. The only thing matter is target date of completion. On many occasion we have more time then required. Instead of wasting that time, we shall use it in a wise way to be more efficient. We can take advantage of that extra time in many ways. Few of them are discussed as below:
How to take advantage of Parkinson’s Law:
1. Chop your tasks into chunks, and force you to set a specific timetable for accomplishing them.We can not eat an elephant in one go. Its wise to cut the big task in to pieces & set defined target to finish each task. This will keep track of all the activities & alarm when ever any critical activity is going behind schedule.
2. Make a rule to do mandatory, XYZ activities before 10 am & set fix period for remaining job. These activities are done daily without fail. Thus we shall give priority to these activities before proceeding to the long running tasks.
3. Stop working late & manage all activities within office times.If we are working late, we shall analyse & ask “why” we need to stay back in office. We shall be efficient enough to manage all task within office hours. We shall preserve after office hours for personal life. work life balance is very essential for managing stress in challenging environment.
4. Limit tasks like responding to email/Social Networking to thirty minutes a day.Social networking viz. facebook, watssapp, twitter is eating away chunk of time without adding any value to our life. We shall be very careful & use these things very carefully & in way that, time shall not be wasted.
5. Fill in time gaps with filler tasks like following ups, feed reads, Email checking, planning other day etc.Learning is never ending process. We shall keep on learning by way of reading, doing, certifications etc. The time, which we get in between shall be used for adding value to ourselves.
Efficiency building is very important in today’s scenario where we are surrounded by various distraction & has to face tough competition for success. With the aim to build efficiency & quality habit, we are organising Efficiency Building through Lean 5S workshop at surat. We are on a mission to bring out outmost quality and efficiency at lowest cost, thus we work on less or no margin at all.
This workshop is organised at very affordable cost of Rs. 1000 per person.
The workshop is planned on 26th November, 2017 at surat. Final Venue will be communicated 1 week before workshop.
The work shop will cover Efficiency Building tools, Lean 5S, application of Lean 5S in work culture, 5S for efficient life, 5S games
Each participant will be provided with Certificate.
Who should attend:
- Shop floor workmen.
- Engineers, Managers
- Students with aim to utilize time effectively
- Any person who want to improve his work efficiency.
5S utilities like 5S red tags, 5S posters, Red tag log book, 5S e book, 5S flyer, Pegboards, peg board’s Hooks etc. will be available on demand.
Limited seats. Please register yourself immediately.
Click Here to Register your seat
5% discount on booking more than 5 seats.
What are SMART Goals?
Goals are very important for living an effective life. Effective should also come with efficiency for achieving the required aim. For this goals should be SMART.
SMART significant is given as below:
S – Specific
What you want to accomplish. Think about this as the mission statement for your goal.We should ask 5″W” for understanding, what we want to achieve.
- Who – Who can support you achieve the goal
- What – Think about exactly what you are trying to accomplish go to the details.
- When – By what time frame, you want to achieve.
- Where – If any location is relevant.
- Which – Determine any related obstacles or requirements.
- Why – Why you want to achieve.
M – Measurable
What metrics are you going to use to determine if you meet the goal? This makes a goal more tangible because it provides a way to measure progress. If it’s a long project, break down it into small milestones to monitor the progress.
A – Achievable
This give us insight, of whether we can achieve the goal with available skills. In case we don’t have required skills what needs to be done. This should not be taken in negative sense, however as a tool to identify the gap, that needs to be fulfilled.
R – Relevant
Relevance refers focusing on something that makes sense with the broader business goals. For example, if the goal is to launch a new product, it should be something that’s in alignment with the overall business objectives.
T – Time-Bound
If Target is not set, we may deviate on its completion and the way can be hazy. Thus, there should be realistic timing,. Providing a target date for deliverables is imperative. Ask specific questions about the goal deadline and what can be accomplished within that time period. If the goal will take three months to complete, it’s useful to define what should be achieved half-way through the process. Providing time constraints also creates a sense of urgency.
Free download SMART Goals template
5S Industries Audit- Click, Send & Audit
Audits are very important for identifying gaps & action points for improving further. Audits require large amount of time & engagement of shop floor people. Improvement does not come in a day, but this is long term process achieved by taking small steps continuously. Audits are normally done physically at the shop floor, reviewing the facility, interacting with people at shop floor, reviewing the document etc. This is the most suitable way of doing audits. Such audits take large amount of time for coordination, travelling, interactions, Reviewing of documents etc. All this time Shop floor person or coordinators remain engaged with the auditors.
The new innovative way of doing 5S audit is eAudit. This is a way of doing audit with minimum inputs. eAudit require less time & money of client, but has power to achieve atleast 50% of result of physical Audits. eAudit is carried out in following steps:
- Following Information is provided from the auditing agency.
- Feedback on questionnaire
- Good quality photographs & videos of the facility.
- Brief Interaction over phone
- Submission Audit report to client.
- Clarification of any query by client, through mail, phone, video conferencing.
Scope: 10 nos. of photographs.
Delivery of report: 7 working days
Benefits of eAudit:
- Requires Less time
- Require Less engagement by client
- Less Costly
- Something is better than nothing.
- Process Improvement
- Qualified team of professionals work on the details provided.
- Simple as click, send & get audited
For customers from India (Rs. 4000) click here for payment.
For customers outside India ($75) click below for payment