Ohno Circle-Observe & Identify Waste
Ohno Circle tool was developed by Taiichi Ohno, the father of Toyota Production system. The main purpose of this technique is to observe & identify waste around us.
Kizuki is a Japanese word & means “Ability to Notice”
- Choose a location in your work environment.
- Silently stand and observe for 30 minutes.
- Observe the process flow, floor layout, materials, persons, etc.
- Write all observation that result in any kind of waste, viz: space, energy, time, motion, waiting, transportation, safety, abnormalities, concerns that you feel can be done in better & efficient way.
- Take pictures, if possible for future record.
- Develop ability to notice.
- Hidden wastes will become visible.
- Dedicated actions on observations will improve efficiency.
- Develop Team to observe the things.